Jodi Swartz, RN, LE is a Registered Nurse with over 15 years of experience working at Smart Cosmetic and Skin Studio in Doylestown, PA. By combining her extensive nursing/operating room background with her aesthetics training, she is uniquely qualified to help her clients look and feel their best. We asked her to explain the hype behind Vitamin C products and she had some expert thoughts to share.
Here are her Top 5 Reasons Vitamin C is Important for Your Skin:
- We lose collagen every single day! So how do we prevent future loss and encourage more plump and smooth skin? Grow collagen! Vitamin C is a precursor for collagen growth and will help you maintain and even grow more over time.
- Using vitamin C consistently will help diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C will brighten your skin tone and help reduce dark spots from both old sun damage and the aging process.
- Vitamin C is a workhorse that nourishes, calms, and helps protect skin from environmental factors and free radicals and even boosts sunscreen effectiveness. According to a study from the National Library of Medicine sunscreen without Vitamin C only protects 55% of free radicals. Vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals and keeps your skin substantially more protected.
- When shopping for a Vitamin C product, look for products that have 20% or more Vitamin C content. Lower than 20% and the effects are noticeably reduced.
We asked Jodi what her favorite Vitamin C product is at the moment and she recommends You Gotta “C-E” It GTP from her brand Smart Cosmetic and Skin Studio. She recommends pairing it with your favorite sunscreen for maximum impact. Shop by clicking here.
Interested in more from Jodi? Follow Smart on Instagram by clicking here.